1.The new colleague__1__to have worked in several big corporations before he joined our company.
A. confesses B. declares C claims D. confirms??
2.During the reading lesson, the teacher asked students to read a few__2__from the novel.
A. pieces B. essays C fragments D. extracts
3.During the summer holiday season it is difficult to find a(n)__3__room in the hotels here.
A. empty B. vacant C.free D. deserted?
4.The old couple will never__4__the loss of their son.
A. get over B. get away C get off D. get across??
5. The __5__of AIDS has led to an expansion in research seeking a cure.?
A. innovation B. selection C. proliferation D. conviction
【详细解答】get over意为“痊愈，恢复”，指恢复健康、快乐等；get away意为“逃走”，常与from连用；get off意为“(使)不受惩罚，开脱”，常与with连用；get across意为“使人了解，使人明白”。根据句意，选项A为正确答案。?
1． If your car__ any attention during the first 12 months, take it to an authorized dealer.
A shall need B should need C would need D will need
2. His strong sense of humor was__ make everyone in the room burst out laughing.
A so as to B such as to C so that D such thta
3. The discovery of new oil-fields in various parts of the country filled the government with __ hope.
A eternal B infinite C ceaseless D everlasting
4. It was as a physician that he represented himself, and__ he was warmly received.
A as such B such as C as that D so that
5. In international matches, prestige is so important that the only thing that matters is to avoid__.
A from being taken B being taken C beating D to be beaten
1. 选B. should 用在条件句中，可表虚拟语气，意为“万一”，强调该条件不大可能
2. 选B such as to 后跟不定式，引出结果状语，作“如此……以至……”The problem is such as to interest only a few people.
3. 选B。infinite无限的，无穷的，无际的，巨大的，无数的;反义词是finite .We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope. ^6^振奋人心的一句话呢
4. 选A。 as such 象这样的人或物，作为这样的人或物，以……资格或身分 He considered this matter as unimportant and treated it as such.
5. 选B。avoid后必须跟动名词作宾语。 He is wearing dark glasses to avoid being recognized.