1 ． Please dispose __ those old newspaper while you’re cleaning up the room.
A out B of C away D in
2. At present there is a __ of iron and steel and more must be produced.
A limit B loss C poverty D scarcity
3. He was __ admittance to the concert hall for not being properly dressed.
A rejected B denied C withheld D deprived
4. George has a big coffee __ on the front of his jacket.
A spot B mark C stain D patch
5.The Christmas presents were all ___ in shiny paper.
A done over B done with C done out D done up
1． 选B dispose of处理掉How can I dispose of my old coat?
2． 选D。scarcity缺乏，匮乏，稀罕，相当于lack。The causal relationship between scarcity of goods and higher prices is self-evident.
3． 选B deny“拒绝给予”，后面多接双宾语，那就是用在deny sb sth 的结构中。She denied her son nothing. ②Withhold不给，拒绝He tried to withhold the truth from us.③Deprive (of) 剥夺，使丧失，使不能做No one should be deprived of love without the very best of reasons.
4． 选C stain污点，污迹，耻辱 Gasoline can remove the stain. ② Spot点，斑点，污点，场所，地Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the earth.③Mark Cherishing children is the mark of a civilized society.④Patch补丁，碎片，小块土地，眼罩Don’t put a patch upon it.
5． 选 D do up包装 Remember to do up the china in newspaper. (这里的china可是瓷器哦)
1． Many artists predict that this brilliant young actor __ to be a shinning star.
A destines B will be destined C is destined D has been destined
2. His companions have threatened to __ his crime to the police.
A impose B express C enclose D expose
3. The patient’s progress was very encouraging as he could __ get out of bed without help.
A nearly B hardly C merely D barely
4. You must insist that students give a truthful answer__ with the reality of their world.
A relevant B simultaneous C consistent D practical
5. We have made great achievements, but it does not__ that there are no shortcomings.
A result in B lead to C follow D cause
1. 选C be destined to sth (todo)“ 命定，注定”The enemy’s attempt is destined to fail
2. 选D. expose“揭露，暴露”，后常跟介词to。Don’t expose it to the sun.而impose on/ upon 把……强加于Don’t try to impose your wishes on us. Enclose
3. 选D. barely“勉强，好不容易才”，表示肯定意义They have barely enough time to catch the train.
4. 选C consistent“一致的，连贯的，始终如一的” His actions are always consistent with his words. 而simultaneous“同时发生的，同时的”Simultaneous interpretation in the United States is a demanding job.
5. 选C It follows that 由此而得出……结论 He often gets high scores in exams, but it doesn’t follow that he is clever.