岳麓书院(yuelu academy)英文导游

来源: 佚名 2014-12-17

  岳麓书院属全国重点文物保护单位,是我国古代四大书院之一;享有“千年学府”美誉。

  岳麓书院位于长沙市湘江畔岳麓山下,是我国古代四大书院之一,其前身可追溯到唐末五代(公元958年)智睿等二僧办学。北宋开宝九年(公元976年),潭州太守朱洞在僧人办学的基础上,正式创立岳麓书院。嗣后,历经宋、元、明、清各代,至清末光绪二十九年(公元1903年)改为湖南高等学堂,尔后相继改为湖南高等师范学校、湖南工业专门学校,1926年正式定名为湖南大学至今,历经千年,弦歌不绝,故世称“千年学府”。南宋理学家朱熹等曾在此讲学,据说,鼎盛时期从学有千人之众。 从岳麓书院至湖南大学的千年办学历史,反映了中国教育制度的变迁,是我国高等教育发展史的一个缩影。

  Good morning! ladies and gentlemen:

  Today we will go and visit the yuelu academy! yuelu academy is one of the four famous academies in china, and it was established by zhudong, magistrate of tanzhou prefecture in 976a.d at the time of northern song dynasty. the academy accepted disciples throughout the song, yuan, ming and qing dynasties. it was only in 1903 that the academy was transformed from a school of traditional confucian learning to an insitute of higher learning and in 1926 it was officially named hunan university.

  Early in 1015, emperor zhen zong of the song dynasty awarded the academy hid majestys own handwriting yuelu academy on a tablet. form then on many famous scholars and great thinkers gave lectures here, among them were zhangshi, zhuxi and wangyangming, thus making a great impact on the provinces culture and education. most of the existing buildings here were constructions of the ming and qing dynasties, and the bulk of the engraved stone plates and inscribed tablets have all been kept intact, in 1956 the academy was listed as a historical site at the provincial level and later, in 1988 it became a historical site at the state level. the last restoration project started in 1981 and the major part was completed in 1987.

  Now, here we are at the he xi platform, he xi means the the splendour of the sunrise, it was named by zhuxi, a great idealist philosopher of the confucian school during the song dynasty, the platform was first built on the top of yuelu hill, by zhanshi, and later in 1528, a pavilion was built on it, but it became deserted with the passing time. in 1790 luodian, the master of the academy, built a platform at the present site, in 1820, the succeeding master, ouyang houjun, renamed it he xi platform in order to memory zhuxi and zhanshi. it was restored in 1868.

  On the inner walls of the platform are two big chinese characters fu and shuo, which mean blessing and longevity respectively. legend has it that the character shuo was written with a broom soaked in yellow mud by a taoist master at the time master luodian was attending a banquet in honour of the examination officials and those dispels who had passed the civil exam hence it has been regarded as having celestial touch the character fu was written by luodian, the master himself.


  相关推荐  
  2015职称英语考试高分技巧汇总
  2015年职称英语考试高频词汇
  英语三级考试完形填空专项练习及答案

相关文章推荐