36) People began to wonder how long the disaster would last. 人们开始纳闷，这场灾难还会持续多久?
37) They used candles all the time instead of electricity. 他们一直用蜡烛，没有用电。
38) The one million people of the city, who thought little of these strange events, went to bed as usual that night.(非限制性定语从句)
39) We’d better prepare him for the bad news. 我们最好让他做好知道这个坏消息的心理准备。
40) The rubbish gave out a smelly gas. 垃圾发出一阵臭味。
41) I am getting in touch with him right away. 我马上跟他联系。
42) Are you willing to do public service work without pay? 你愿意无偿从事公益活动吗?
43) Do you easily lose heart when you are in trouble? 你处于不幸中时容易丧失信心吗?
44) The time when I first met him was a very difficult period of my life. 第一次见到他的时候是在我一生中非常艰难的时期。(定语从句)
45) It is a doctor’s job to advise patients on health problems. 医生的职责就是向病人提供有关健康的建议。
46) As a matter of fact, I was worried about whether I would be out of work. 事实上我担心我是不是会失业。
47) After getting up, he always drinks a glass of water, which he believes is good for his health. (非限制性定语从句) 每天起床后，他都喝一杯水，他认为这对他的身体有好处。
48) The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress, until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all. (定语从句) 过去30年来所出现的大量法律剥夺我们的权利，阻挡我们的进步，一直到今天，我们还处在几乎什么权利都没有的阶段。
49) In his life, he has always tried to help those who are less fortunate than himself. (定语从句) 在他的一生中，他总是设法帮助那些比他不幸的人。
50) Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence.(倒装句) 只有到这个时候我们才决定用暴力反抗暴力。
51) Only some of the children seemed to have understood it. 似乎只有一部分孩子明白。
52) The school where I studied only two years was three kilometers away. 那所我仅仅读了两年的学校有三公里远。(定语从句)
53) The parts of town where they lived were places decided by white people.(过去分词作后置定语) 他们在城里的住宅区都是由白人决定的。
54) Before he came to power, he was once put in prison for years. 在掌权之前，他曾经坐了几年牢。
55) This was my reward after working all my life for equal rights for the Blacks. 这是我毕生为争取黑人的平等权利而斗争所得到的回报。
56) He was sentenced to three years in prison for stealing. 他因偷窃被判处三年监禁。
57) He set up a black law firm to help those poor black people. 他开设了一间黑人律师事务所帮助那些穷苦的黑人。
58) In 1963, I helped him blow up some government buildings. 在1963年，我帮助他炸毁了一些政府大楼。
59) My family could not continue to pay my school fee. 我的家庭无法继续支付我的学费。