to take and use something that belongs to somebody else, and return it to them at a later time 借，借用
1. He makes it a rule never to borrow money.
2. May I borrow your dictionary?
3. He used to borrow money from his friends.
to give something to somebody or allow them to use something that belongs to you, which they have to return to you later 借出，借给
1. Would you please lend me your pencil?
2. I got around my father to lend me his car.
3. It was imprudent of you to lend money to a stranger.
(1)May I borrow this book for a day or two? (对主语而言是借入)
(2)Would you lend me this book for a day or two?(对主语而言是借出)
(1)I don’t like to borrow money from friends.
(2)He lent his pen to me.